Rules and Regulations
Article 1. This group, Fukuoka Ruby and Software Industry Promotion Committee, will hereinafter be referred as the Committee.
Article 2. The Committee aims to develop Ruby/Content Industry within Fukuoka Prefecture through promotion of creative content businesses and software products by utilizing Japanese-made, advanced programming systems, such as Ruby, through a collective effort of the industrial world, colleges, universities, and other educational institutions.
Article 3. The Committee hereby declares to execute the following tasks and projects in order to fulfill its purpose stated in Article 2.
(1) Ruby and Software Industry Promotion Committee event-planning and development.
(2) Or any other projects for fulfilling its purpose.
Article 4. The Committee members must be a group, an entity, or an organization related to Ruby and Software Industry.
(1) It must be a group, an entity, an organization, or a business which develops systems based on Ruby and other programs, or be that of which currently uses their product(s).
(2) It must be a group, an entity, an organization, or a business which handles digital-content production or distribution.
(3) It must be a college, a university, or an educational institution which conducts a software or content-related research and/or an educational training.
(Becoming a member)
Article 5. All registering applicants must submit the designated application form in order to become an official member.
(Terminating your membership)
Article 6. All members wishing to cancel their membership must notify the Office.
2. Based on Article 12, the Committee Office has the right to terminate the membership of those unwilling to forego or abide by the rules of regulation set by the Office.
Article 7. The Committee must appoint officers for each of the following positions for the least number indicated for the position.
(1) Chairman of Executive Office - 1
(2) Vice-Chairman of Executive Office - 2 or more
(3) The Board of Trustees - 15 or more
(4) Auditors - 2
2. The Chairman of Executive Office, the Vice-Chairman of Executive Office, the Board of Trustees, and Auditors must be selected out of the Committee members.
3. One term for all serving executive officers must be no more than and no less than two consecutive years with the possibility of re-assignment.
4. Substituting executive officers are subject to serve only for the remainder of the term from the previous officer's tenure.
5. All serving executive officers are obligated to remain in their position until their predecessor is appointed even in the event of fulfillment of the term or termination of the term.
(Honorary Executive Officer)
Article 8. An Honorary Executive Officer may be appointed by the Committee.
(Advisors and Special Advisors)
Article 9. The Committee may assign an Advisor and/or a Special Advisor as its supporting staff.
2. An Advisor and a Special Advisor can only be appointed by the Chairman of Executive Office.
3. An Advisor or a Special Advisor provides council and share insight upon a request made by the Chairman of Executive Office.
4. One term for all serving advisors must be no more than and no less than two consecutive years with the possibility of re-assignment.
Article 10. The duty of the Chairman of Executive Office is to organize and to lead the executive office as the representative of the group.
2. The duty of the Vice-Chairman of Executive Office is to assist the Chairman of Executive Office. Should an occasion arise that the Chairman of Executive Office is unable to perform his duty and responsibility of the Meeting, his/her Vice-Chairman at that time must immediately take on the duty and the responsibility of the Chairman of Executive Office on his/her behalf.
3. The duty of the Board of Trustees is to conduct a deliberation and/or a necessary process for and against all the Committee activities.
4. The duty of the Auditors is to monitor and manage the financial account of The Committee.
Article 11. The Chairman of Executive Office may call for a general assembly, in which case he/she shall be the floor leader.
2. The general assembly is to be conducted in order to deliberate on decisions regarding any and all basic functions of the Committee which may or may not come to be questioned by its members.
(Board of Trustees Assembly)
Article 12. The Committee must set up a board of trustees assembly.
2. A board of trustees assembly must be made up of the Chairman of Executive Office, the Vice-Chairman of Executive Office, and the Board of Trustees.
3. The Chairman of Executive Office is to be the floor leader of a board of trustees assembly.
4. A board of trustees assembly is conducted to deliberate on any and all items aforementioned in Article 3 and/or any and all items the Chairman of Executive Office so determines a deliberation is needed regarding an activity of the Committee.
5. Apart from the aforementioned in Article 11 Section 4, the Chairman of Executive Office shall set aside any and all items of discussion particularly for the operation of board of trustees assembly.
Article 13. A section meeting may be called to examine the activity and/or the involvement of the Committee in any and all specific genre of field if or when such an occasion so arises.
2. Apart from the aforementioned in Article 13 Section 1, the Chairman of Executive Office shall set aside any and all items of discussion particularly for the operation of section meeting.
Article 14. The expenses for the operation of the Committee shall solely be provided by contributions and other revenue streams.
Article 15. Contributions made to the Committee shall be designated by the Chairman of Executive Office during general assembly.
Article 16. The fiscal year of the Committee shall begin on April 1st and end on March 31st of the following year.
Article 17. For the day-to-day operation of the Committee, its office shall be set up at Fukuoka Prefecture Industry and Commerce Section New Industries Promotion Division.
2. The Head of the Office must be placed at the Meeting office and serve as the Head of
Article 18. Apart from the aforementioned in Article 1 to Article 17, the Chairman of Executive Office possesses the right to set up any and all supplementary regulations and guidelines regarding the operation of the Committee.
1. All terms of agreement aforestated are effective as of April 1st, 2012.
2. Notwithstanding the provisions and the agreements stated on Article 16, the fiscal year for the inaugural year of the Committee shall begin on the day of the establishment of the Committee and end on March 31st, 2013.
3. Notwithstanding the provisions and the agreements stated on Article 5, the members of formerly known as Fukuoka Ruby Business Central Promotion Committee and the members of formerly known as Fukuoka Content Industry Promotion Committee shall hereby be declared as a full fledged member of the Committee.